Word Verification...Accessibility...

Spamming necessitates the temporary use of "captchas," which are more commonly known as "word verification." The childhood act of spamming leads me to take this action temporarily.

I am well aware, and saddened by the fact, that while captchas filter out--thwart--spammers, they also make the act of making comments impossible for individuals who use screen readers.

Be assured, I am working to rectify that situation.


Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Glass Doll

As the reed of the oboe cries out with music,
My heart yearns
To break the glass doll

Others have chosen to encase me in.

I am a strong being.
My strength is welled up deep within my soul.
I do not trumpet my strength
For the ears of others to hear me.
Such brassy notes are wasted,
When life demands of me an attentive ear.

My attention is focused on this day,
On the task before me at this moment.

My memory
Fortifies my resolve
To ensure my reputation
As a glass doll
Is shattered,
Now and forever.
                           Patty Thorsen, July 1993
                           First piece written reflecting on my disabilities

No comments:

Post a Comment