Word Verification...Accessibility...

Spamming necessitates the temporary use of "captchas," which are more commonly known as "word verification." The childhood act of spamming leads me to take this action temporarily.

I am well aware, and saddened by the fact, that while captchas filter out--thwart--spammers, they also make the act of making comments impossible for individuals who use screen readers.

Be assured, I am working to rectify that situation.


Saturday, August 6, 2011

Epilepsy Chronicles: The Morning After

...
     Slowly...ever so slowly....I awaken from a deep sleep.  I awaken.  I have slept off my throbbing headache.  Or so I think.  Is my epileptic hangover over?
     Can I be so bold as to hold out that hope?
     Slowly, I question....
     Was that just a bad dream--a nightmare--or did I have a seizure last night?
     My headache is gone.  Will I have another seizure?
     My knees feel wobbly.  The firmness of my step tentative.  Will I have another seizure?  Honestly, I don't know.  But, I can't admit that, at least not to everyone.   
     What can I do?  What should I do?  What action will give me what I need--what we need, to move us forward from doubt, uncertainty, and fear?  God, I don't think I am being selfish.  But, what can I do?  What should I do?
     I can't add to the doubts, and anxiety of my coworkers as to whether I will have another seizure.  God knows, some people are convinced that I can have a seizure on command, without my feeding into their fears.
    I need their confidence in me.  So, what do I do?  How do I garner that confidence--that positive energy?

No comments:

Post a Comment