Word Verification...Accessibility...

Spamming necessitates the temporary use of "captchas," which are more commonly known as "word verification." The childhood act of spamming leads me to take this action temporarily.

I am well aware, and saddened by the fact, that while captchas filter out--thwart--spammers, they also make the act of making comments impossible for individuals who use screen readers.

Be assured, I am working to rectify that situation.


Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Limp of Truth

Tonight,
You limped ahead of me.
You sensed
My exposed nerves;
Straight to my core you cut.
In your limp,
You spoke a truth of me.
The truth you speak
Is
One from which
I may not walk away.
                               August 1993
     Truth survives the test of time.  Though 18 years ago, the place, and the image are indelibly etched in my memory.
     Sharing this story--walking in an elevated walkway past a mirror--serves as a reminder of lessons that I am called to learn.  I am not alone.
     Each of us is given lessons in our life--each day--to learn.  The question? Am I--are you--willing students of our life lessons given each day?

No comments:

Post a Comment