Word Verification...Accessibility...

Spamming necessitates the temporary use of "captchas," which are more commonly known as "word verification." The childhood act of spamming leads me to take this action temporarily.

I am well aware, and saddened by the fact, that while captchas filter out--thwart--spammers, they also make the act of making comments impossible for individuals who use screen readers.

Be assured, I am working to rectify that situation.


Thursday, March 24, 2011

I Sit Before My Vanity

I sit before my vanity,
Dressed in pride.
In my mourning,
I must ask,
"What face will I put on to the world?
How do I face myself?"
A heartfelt smile of optimism and hope,
Foolish or not,
I am pale without it.
Braced,
I walk straight with few trips on my journey.
                                                             2005
Wearing my first brace since childhood was one of a series of health challenges that called into question how I meet my compromised body.  Questions continue.  The source will change, as will I.  Yet, the questions will continue.  Will I be open to the questions?  Will we?

No comments:

Post a Comment