Word Verification...Accessibility...

Spamming necessitates the temporary use of "captchas," which are more commonly known as "word verification." The childhood act of spamming leads me to take this action temporarily.

I am well aware, and saddened by the fact, that while captchas filter out--thwart--spammers, they also make the act of making comments impossible for individuals who use screen readers.

Be assured, I am working to rectify that situation.


Monday, June 20, 2011

Zoomer Chronicles: Global Maps and Positions

     Cartographic scale is deceptive.  Small scale maps minimize potential explorations, yet to be undertaken.  Large scale maps provide perspective necessary to orientation--spatial orientation.
     Zoomer empowers my exploration.  Yet, her power is conditional.  She is not compatible with other powers--any other systems.  Any desire to position myself systematically--globally--beyond the view of Zoomer's position--must be disengaged.
     The medium of old--paper--must guide my explorations.  Yet, all the paper does not determine my explorations.  With faith I begin, while logic and reason I suspend.  Were logic and reason to reign me in, I might never have discovered the Vento Regional Trail...the Ramsey County Medical Examiner...the Alexander Ramsey House...the Science Museum exterior exhibits...the Robert Street Bridge...the Wabasha Street Bridge...Lowertown....
     Logic and reason have not been trashed.  Come snowfall, they will reign me in.  Yet, between now and then, I must take leaps of faith crossing curb cuts, will strong strides crossing streets, and jinx not my adventures with confining precision.
     Zoomer, teach me your ways that we may weather the storms, be steady in snow.  Zoomer, I pray, may we learn how to travel from November to May in fresh air, confined to no inner sanctum.

No comments:

Post a Comment