Word Verification...Accessibility...

Spamming necessitates the temporary use of "captchas," which are more commonly known as "word verification." The childhood act of spamming leads me to take this action temporarily.

I am well aware, and saddened by the fact, that while captchas filter out--thwart--spammers, they also make the act of making comments impossible for individuals who use screen readers.

Be assured, I am working to rectify that situation.


Monday, June 20, 2011

Zoomer Chronicles: Adventure's Name

     Zoomer v. Invacare, FDX-MCG, Front-Wheel Drive, Center of Gravity.
     Many individuals with scooters, electric wheelchairs, and the like adorn their vehicles with American flags, safety flags, and the like.  I have not motorized the American flag, although I seek the power of protection a bright orange safety flag is promoted as affording me.
     Some people are branded as Jazzy.  I have not been so bestowed.  Were I branded, I would be known as FDX-MCG, or front-wheel drive, center of gravity.  While the balance center of gravity promises, and the power front-wheel drive promises, FDX-MCG or center of gravity is hardly intuitive, much less catchy.
    Wheelchair-bound, or wheelchair-confined is hardly the way I pray that I will proceed through my life.
     If it be so, that is how I will go.  Yet, for now, I vow to take a different road--the less traveled road--toward adventure.
     Adventure--lived fully--must flow from A to Z.  If I am so to travel the road of Adventure, my companion must be Zoomer.
     I hate to be a woman of delusion.  Saying I use an electric wheelchair still stings a bit.  Say it if I must, I will do.  Yet, somehow, Zoomer removes the stinger, and allows me adventure and does bind or confine me to a wheelchair, even if it be mine.  Zoomer is a power-filled princess, while Front-wheel Drive, Center of Gravity is a frightening dictator.
     For now, Zoomer and I shall travel down the road less traveled toward whatever unknown adventure awaits.  We shall travel together, yet, still not alone.  In the spirit of three--Robert Frost, John Hockenberry, and John Steinbeck we shall travel.  Travels with Charley:  In Search of America I must read.

No comments:

Post a Comment