Word Verification...Accessibility...

Spamming necessitates the temporary use of "captchas," which are more commonly known as "word verification." The childhood act of spamming leads me to take this action temporarily.

I am well aware, and saddened by the fact, that while captchas filter out--thwart--spammers, they also make the act of making comments impossible for individuals who use screen readers.

Be assured, I am working to rectify that situation.


Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Zoomer Chronicles: Bridge to Exhilaration

     Zoomer and I are having a blast.  Saturday it was Lowertown Downtown St. Paul.  Sunday it was Lowertown and then along the south side of Downtown St. Paul following the Mississippi River for several blocks.
     Today, this weekend's confidence led me to a new direction--north to the Minnesota State Capitol.  The best days for my new expeditions are Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays.  With today being Memorial Day, the State Capitol was a fitting destination.  As the crow flies, the Capitol is several miles from me.  Yet, no crows fly over Downtown St. Paul.  We are not on their flight pattern.
     The rule of the day was light-rail transit line construction.  Many streets, intersections, and sidewalks were closed.   Yet, construction made the trip more of adventure than it otherwise might have been.
     Construction was not the only factor to take into account.  Curb cut quality--even terrain--was prime.  Traffic.  Oncoming traffic.  Any reckless abandon I might have felt was mitigated by one, two, or three cars, or trucks headed my way.
     I surmounted them all.  I turned on Jackson Street, said a prayer, and crossed the bridge over I-94....I made it!
     Now what???
     The State Capitol???
     Zoomer, do you have it in you? Can we surpass our past adventures???
     OK.  I am game if you are.  I know there is construction.  I don't know where.  I will navigate.  I submit to your power.

No comments:

Post a Comment