Word Verification...Accessibility...

Spamming necessitates the temporary use of "captchas," which are more commonly known as "word verification." The childhood act of spamming leads me to take this action temporarily.

I am well aware, and saddened by the fact, that while captchas filter out--thwart--spammers, they also make the act of making comments impossible for individuals who use screen readers.

Be assured, I am working to rectify that situation.


Saturday, March 5, 2011

Body, Mind, and Spirit

     The juxtaposition of these three words is hardly novel.  Oftentimes, a prescription is offered to achieve balance among the three essences of who we are as human beings.
     I want to offer a different view.  Always,  I have thrived on challenge. But, I do not relish the challenge lunged at me from an aggressor's hands.  I do not savor harsh challenge inflicted in my heart by a marksman's sword.  No, there is a different challenge--a pristine challenge.  I revel in challenge to sharpen my wit. I revel in challenging others to sharpen their wit.
     Today's pristine challenges are marked by questions.  Should you be receptive, I invite you to attend to them.    
     Is body, mind, and balance something you value?  Do you respire enough to aspire to a body, mind, and spirit balance?
     Clearly, a balanced spirit is the offspring of a balance between body and mind.
      Is your body being fed by your mind?  Does your body need a change of your mind's pace?  Is your mind being fed by your body?  Can your body move enough to feed your mind?  Is your body being fed fresh air to stimulate new ideas?
     Do you value body, mind, and spirit balance?  Do you respire deeply enough to aspire to an inspiring life--a life through which your spirit may soar on eagle's wings?
     Just a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment