Word Verification...Accessibility...

Spamming necessitates the temporary use of "captchas," which are more commonly known as "word verification." The childhood act of spamming leads me to take this action temporarily.

I am well aware, and saddened by the fact, that while captchas filter out--thwart--spammers, they also make the act of making comments impossible for individuals who use screen readers.

Be assured, I am working to rectify that situation.


Saturday, September 24, 2011

Zoomer Chronicles: A Door Opens

     Just now, I responded to a survey from Macy's.  I left my name number, and my willingness to address a problem.
     Several months ago, Zoomer and I tried to leave Macy's Department Store.  First, Zoomer had great difficulty navigating the clothing racks that masked the handicap door open button.  Once we found our way through the forest, we wheeled back to the door to exit the store.  Before we could get out safely, the door started to close on us.    
    We were stuck.  I sat there for a bit.  How is the best way to move?
    Slowly and deliberately.  Slowly, I back up.  I press the button again.  We hurry to get back into position.  We got through the door.  But, I was scared. How much I can I trust this door?  How much can I trust this door to get outside?
    I recognize that Zoomer and I have been together since mid-April of this year.  Many, many individuals have navigated these issues for years.
    There is a balance to be found between being frustrated, and seeking a constructive resolution.  I think I am closer to the constructive-resolution end of the continuum.
    Wintertime.  I don't know whether I will move more toward frustrated end of the continuum, or beyond frustration.  Memories of last winter--last winter's snow, particularly--concern me.  I don't know whether I will be able to get out.
   I don't want to become embittered by fear, and be blinded to the glory of a fiery red maple tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment