Word Verification...Accessibility...

Spamming necessitates the temporary use of "captchas," which are more commonly known as "word verification." The childhood act of spamming leads me to take this action temporarily.

I am well aware, and saddened by the fact, that while captchas filter out--thwart--spammers, they also make the act of making comments impossible for individuals who use screen readers.

Be assured, I am working to rectify that situation.


Saturday, June 11, 2011

Zoomer Chronicles: The Road Not Taken

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as far that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same.
        

And both that morning equally lay

In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.
                           
I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled,
And that has made all the difference.
       Robert Frost, "The Road Not Taken," Birches



     Today, Zoomer and I set out not knowing whether we would venture northeast, or southeast of Downtown St. Paul.
     Our rules???
     Few.  Discover how far out of Downtown St. Paul that we could travel safely.  Study the map long enough to have a general sense of the area, yet, not so long as to be convinced that there is nothing to explore--nothing interesting to discover.  Take no stupid risks.  Yet, have enough of a spirit of adventure to get out the door, and down the curb cut.
     Our supplies???
     Simple.  Purse with cell phone.  Detailed street atlas.  Headband.  Gloves.  Wheelchair blanket. 
     Today's starting point???
     West Seventh Street.
     Today's questions???
     Can I cross the Seventh Street bridge outside of Downtown?  If so, how far may I travel?  What may I find?  Will Zoomer's batteries discharge sufficient energy to power my adventures?
     Rules understood, supplies in hand, starting point established, and questions set forth, we are ready to go.
     Good.  The Seventh Street bridge has a sidewalk.  Good.  It is a busy street, but, most anything, short of a freeway is possible, right???
     Bridge crossed.  Now what???  Shopping establishments???  Nothing worth stopping for.  There must be something more along this main thoroughfare.  There must be.
     Go forth.  The Bruce Vento Regional Trail.  
     Hmmmm....


"Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and I--
I took the one less traveled, and that has made all the difference."

No comments:

Post a Comment