Word Verification...Accessibility...

Spamming necessitates the temporary use of "captchas," which are more commonly known as "word verification." The childhood act of spamming leads me to take this action temporarily.

I am well aware, and saddened by the fact, that while captchas filter out--thwart--spammers, they also make the act of making comments impossible for individuals who use screen readers.

Be assured, I am working to rectify that situation.


Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Zoomer Chronicles: Pacifism.

     Sunshine, and 66 degrees Fahrenheit are Minnesota callings to go outside.  The destination?  Outside.
     Inclines.  Curb cuts.  Intersections.  Curb cuts. Hills. Curb cuts. Sidewalk. Curb cut.  Home.
     Speed.  1?  Slow.  A snail's pace.  2?  Some UMPH to get over thresholds.  3?  Moderate speed.  A safe speed to avoid taking out anyone, who crosses my path.  4?  Indoor straightaways where no one else is in sight. 4?  Intersections.
     Torque.  A turtle's pace?  A hare's race?
      A turtle's pace?  My condominium walls--narrow openings.  Tight spaces.  Elevator doe-si-doing.
      A hare's race?  Intersections.  Inclines.
     My credibility is being challenged--my values tested.  I thought I was a pacifist.  No pleasure taken in being aggressive. No aggressiveness in my bones.  Or so I thought.
     The first day out,  each intersection was preceded by an offering of the Hail Mary prayer.  That and facial contortions to ensure a safe expedition--a safe arrival on the other side.
      I thought I was a pacifist.....But....
      Today.  Steep incline.  Sidewalk.  Curb cut.
     4....a Hare's Speed...Gun It!!!
     Safe landing.  Curb cut.
     4...a Hare's Speed...Gun It!!!
     Touchdown.  Sidewalk.  Curb cut.
     4...A Hare's Speed...Gun It!!!
     Sidewalk.  Curb cut.
     4...A Hare's Speed...Gun It!!!
      Intersection.
      4....A Hare's Speed...Gun It!!!
      Patty:  Gun It!!!
      Zoomer:  OK.  OK.  I'll Gun It, You Pacifist.

No comments:

Post a Comment