Word Verification...Accessibility...

Spamming necessitates the temporary use of "captchas," which are more commonly known as "word verification." The childhood act of spamming leads me to take this action temporarily.

I am well aware, and saddened by the fact, that while captchas filter out--thwart--spammers, they also make the act of making comments impossible for individuals who use screen readers.

Be assured, I am working to rectify that situation.


Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Zoomer Chronicles: Gunnit!

     I confess, I am finding great pleasure in an unfamiliar source of aggression.  But...but...before you pass judgment, you must know the source--the reason.
     I do not own a gun.  I never will.  Yet, I DO Gunnit!
     When?
     Across intersections.  Up curb cuts.  Up skyway inclines.
     My very survival depends upon it.
     Gunnit!
     Gunnit is one word, contrary to what you may think.  With a walk signal lasting only a few seconds--with oncoming traffic--there is not a spare moment to waste.  No time--no space--for the space between two words.  The meaning is the same.  Gun it.  The urgency demands it,  Gunnit.
     Gunnit!  Joy the Joystick, Gunnit!
     The secret to my success--the key to greater confidence?  Gunnit.  At top speed--4--at the speed of a hare, success, and safety rule the day.  Practice.  Gunnit!
    At the lowest speed--1--at the pace of a turtle,  death comes in slow, excruciating motion.  Horns honk.  My heart pumps out of my chest.  I will be run over.  I will never get across the intersection.  The offering of the Hail Mary prayer does not have a prayer.
     Gunnit!  Joy the Joystick, Gunnit!

No comments:

Post a Comment