Word Verification...Accessibility...

Spamming necessitates the temporary use of "captchas," which are more commonly known as "word verification." The childhood act of spamming leads me to take this action temporarily.

I am well aware, and saddened by the fact, that while captchas filter out--thwart--spammers, they also make the act of making comments impossible for individuals who use screen readers.

Be assured, I am working to rectify that situation.


Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Zoomer Chronicle: She Rides Again

     Zoomer rides again.  With television cameras in tow, Zoomer and I rode again today.
     We had better success, if you can call it that.  I am a masochist, so I do:)  Evidence of such is the driver who cut in front of me, who I gave the evil eye as I was crossing.  Once I was safely on the sidewalk, I mouthed, "Thank you!"
     The producer and photographer positioned themselves across the street from me.  Together we documented four drivers, who cut in front of me.  The producer indicated that one driver had Illinois license plates.
    An unexpected twist left me feeling a tad embarrassed.  I crossed Seventh Street on Sibley Street.  The intersection is close to the YMCA I frequent.  I proceeded across the intersection with little fanfare.  Then....unbeknownst to me, a woman in a wheelchair was behind me.  As I arrived safely on the sidewalk on the other side of the street, she was there.  The woman's presence surprised me.  I surprised her.  I turned to my right quickly.  My intent? To turn around and recross the street.  Neither of us was hurt.  She was surprised.  In an instant, any smugness I might have felt that I was bringing attention to an important issue changed to personal enlightenment.  I need to be deliberate in my travel, when I have deliberate intent.
     I do feel good about the way today's downtown intersections expedition went.
     Just now, the producer contacted me.  He said that the story will be aired sometime late next week.  I will keep you posted.  For local readers--Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota--the story will appear on KSTP TV.    I don't know whether or not this will appear on the KSTP website.  Zoomer is hoping so.  [p.s. It did appear.  http://kstp.com/news/stories/s2317400.shtml]  After, not only did she appear on camera, but, she was a part of a brief interview.  She had fun.  So did I:)

No comments:

Post a Comment