Word Verification...Accessibility...

Spamming necessitates the temporary use of "captchas," which are more commonly known as "word verification." The childhood act of spamming leads me to take this action temporarily.

I am well aware, and saddened by the fact, that while captchas filter out--thwart--spammers, they also make the act of making comments impossible for individuals who use screen readers.

Be assured, I am working to rectify that situation.


Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Zoomer Chronicles: Much Too Close

To all drivers, stop and think.  Before cutting off wheelchairs in crosswalks, please think of the consequences--the potential consequences.  The people. The injuries. The lives.  All that might be affected--yours, mine, and others.  I am a careful wheelchair user.  I live in downtown St. Paul.  This morning, while crossing an intersection, I was cut off by a van.  The driver decided that my fastest pace was too slow.  The driver took my life in his/her hands.  I stopped.  Though stunned, I stopped.  My wheelchair stopped.  Thankfully, my wheelchair stopped.  I shudder to think what might have happened.  Did the driver ever shudder?  I will never know.  Long gone before any license number was in my view. With no hostile intent I ask, "How much time do you save by cutting in?  What consequences might befall you--befall others--if you do not honor the lights, and override the crosswalks."  I, for one, want to share the road with you for many intersections to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment