Word Verification...Accessibility...

Spamming necessitates the temporary use of "captchas," which are more commonly known as "word verification." The childhood act of spamming leads me to take this action temporarily.

I am well aware, and saddened by the fact, that while captchas filter out--thwart--spammers, they also make the act of making comments impossible for individuals who use screen readers.

Be assured, I am working to rectify that situation.


Saturday, May 28, 2011

Enthusiasm's Moderator

     High clouds wisp over a blue springtime sky.  65 degrees in St. Paul's May lure me outside--with Zoomer.  
     Dressed properly.  Pursed with a phone for emergencies.  Keyed for safety.
     All set???  
     Well....Not quite.
     Zoomer must be as charged as I for an adventure.  Last night's tiredness left Zoomer forgotten, with no recharging.
     Zoomer's battery state.  Empty.  
     Zoomer's Battery States???  Empty.  Partially Charged.  Battery Ready.
     You may know your car's Empty does not mean truly empty.  You may know you have ten miles to go until you will be with gas can in hand.  I do not Empty's distance.  You may no the equivalence of Half of a Tank in Gallons.  You may know the miles per gallon your car affords you.
     Yet, Zoomer is a heavyweight.  Without the umpphh from Joy the Joystick, Zoomer is dead weight.  Brainy the Blockhead is no help.  He may Elevate me to reach to higher places.  He may offer relief with his state of Recline.  He may lift and lower my Leg Rests.  Yet, Brainy the Blockhead is of NO help in charging Zoomer's Enthusiasm for our adventures.
      Zoomer's dead weight frustrates me--frustrates my enthusiasm.  Yet, my frustration--my impatience--has no pull with Zoomer.  I cannot push Zoomer into full power--fully charged energy--with my impatience.  My inflated sense of self does nothing to empower Zoomer's tired state.
     So, I must wait.  I must welcome Patience as a visitor into Enthusiasm's Sanctuary.
     What does Empty mean?  How many blocks?  How many hills?  How many curb cuts?  How many intersections?
      How do I measure Partially Charged?  Does that mean I will limp along painfully with a broken ankle's speed.
      I--my Enthusiasm--celebrates Battery Ready.
      I may be safe in the States of Empty, and Partially-Charged.  Yet, I cannot take that risk.  My health is more precious to me.  
     Yet, I will not submit to Empty, and Partially-Charged.  Battery Ready, and Enthusiasm shall prevail.  We shall prevail.  Zoomer, you will not fail me.  We shall prevail.  We must.  My health depends upon it.

No comments:

Post a Comment