Word Verification...Accessibility...

Spamming necessitates the temporary use of "captchas," which are more commonly known as "word verification." The childhood act of spamming leads me to take this action temporarily.

I am well aware, and saddened by the fact, that while captchas filter out--thwart--spammers, they also make the act of making comments impossible for individuals who use screen readers.

Be assured, I am working to rectify that situation.


Sunday, January 9, 2011

Children of God....People of God

     Christian maturity consists in “growing up” enough to become a child, dependent on and totally confident in God.  To be “saved,” is to become a child.
Rev. Richard Gabuzda
http://onlineministries.creighton.edu/CollaborativeMinistry/123110.html
     I have been addressed as a child of God in one parish, and as a person of God in another.  I treasure both.  I strive to be both--a child of God, and a person of God.
     In 1987, I attended a parish led by an Irish priest--Father Phillip McArdle.  Most of the parishioners were in their 70s, and 80s. I was 27.  They were married.  I was single.  Other parishioners were well-established in their faith life.  I was searching to establish mine.  I was liberal in my thoughts--I had been unchurched structurally.  Father McArdle was fairly traditional.  All but three of Father McArdle's words are lost to my memory.
     Yet, as clearly as I am here today, I can hear Father McArdle's invitation to wonderment, "Children of God."  Father McArdle radiated a faith-filled joy that I treasure.
      I was engaged intellectually in a campus ministry following my college graduation.  
In 1998, I joined a vibrant faith community.  The invitation Father Leo offers is, "People of God."
     I pray I may be a person of God, who listens keenly, and responds lovingly.  I pray I yet may be a Child of God, who is filled with Wonder, and not Jaded by Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment