Word Verification...Accessibility...

Spamming necessitates the temporary use of "captchas," which are more commonly known as "word verification." The childhood act of spamming leads me to take this action temporarily.

I am well aware, and saddened by the fact, that while captchas filter out--thwart--spammers, they also make the act of making comments impossible for individuals who use screen readers.

Be assured, I am working to rectify that situation.


Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Am I One of THOSE People?

     By my persona, some might say, "Patty is an enlightened advocate of individuals, who are often thought of in low esteem in society."  Yet, truth be told, I find myself desperately trying, without wanting to admit so, that I am better than other people--better than those people.  Other people?  Who?  The very people for whom I claim myself to be an advocate.
     I do not want to believe that this describes every ounce of me.  But, today, the unattractive truth was revealed to me.
     How you ask?  Receiving certification to use a paratransit service, which will help me to get out, gave me knots in my stomach.
     Ungrateful?  I should be happy.
     Yet, as I walked down the sidewalk to get my id picture taken, loud and clear came the Voice, "You are one of those people now...unable to be spontaneous in motion--spontaneous in your daily living.  You are wholly dependent on other people to meet your needs.  You are needy.  You are one of those people.  Your are at the mercy of other people.  You have NO control over your life."
      Needy is SO extreme.  Is it possible to soften his edges--discover her acceptable soul that makes me human--and become an intimate with her human heart?
       He continues to question me.  She eludes my answers' box.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading your take on the movie The Kings Speech. It was, indeed and wonderful even inspiring movie. King or commoner, without dignity our innate humaness becomes stunted and lost. Love, friendship and trust redeemed.

    ReplyDelete